Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Interesting perspective on new CIA nominee

From Steve Clemons at the Washington Note, a couple of challenges to the conventional wisdom on John Negroponte's reasons for Michael Hayden's nomination. I think, in the microview, this is a good thing: Rummy's a dick and we're better off keeping him from consolidating complete control of all of the intelligence crayons. On the other hand, this is John Negroponte we're talking about here, as in Central American death squads, Iran-Contra John Negroponte. But I guess the fact that we have him as DNI means we've already accepted that as part of the package...

I'm not sure that I'm as non-chalant as Steve in regards to the military guy heading up the CIA, but I do think the idea that he's been selected specifically to thwart DoD's schemes on the CIA is interesting...

No comments: