Friday, September 30, 2005

Video archive

Apropros of this, there's this. I can't tell if the video link works here at the office, so I'll check it when I get home. This whole thing finally explains the link between Fred Armisen and Wilco, as demonstrated in I Am Trying to Break Your Heart.

As an aside, I was the Jeff Tweedy solo gig at Great American Music Hall. An awesome show and the Great American Music Hall is absolutely the best venue ever. I've seen all kinds of shows in all kinds of places and nothing touches this place for beauty, sound quality, comfort, and intimacy with the performer. Doc Watson at GAMH was quite epic, also. It's not restricted to "smart" or nutritious music though. Spacehog ripped the place up and I saw Cake and Dieselhed there on more than one occasion, as well as the Mofessionals, Mother Hips, and tons of other local and touring rock bands. If you ever get a chance to see a band you like there, it's worth the travel!

No comments: