Friday, September 16, 2005

XMLSpy integration with Eclipse sucks

So I'm a pretty die-hard fan of JetBrains' IntelliJ IDEA. But for various reasons, among them a new job, I'm using Eclipse now. OK, fine, I can learn to live with this. But there are a lot of capabilities in IntelliJ that aren't available in Eclipse, such as editing XML (you can edit it, but there are no special tools). So I thought, ah HA! I'll use Altova's XMLSpy Home Edition (which is free) and it will even integrate directly into Eclipse! Awesome!

Well, it's awesome with a couple of tiny drawbacks, with the primary one being, I guess, the fact that it completely destroys your ability to do anything in Eclipse, up to and including working with XML! I'll provide some examples later today, after I finish toting them all up...

No comments: